Wednesday, April 22, 2009

time is almost up

I was inspired by one of my favorite blogs to make a list called "27 Things to Do Before I Turn 28".
Here's my list:

1. sand/repair/paint chairs-This remains half finished. Five of my beloved chairs were thrown away by my careless landlord who didn't think to ask and see if they belonged to anyway. The only remaining one has been sanded but is unrepaired and lacking in shiny red paint.
2. sew a denim quilt using old jean scraps
3. get a tattoo
4. knit an octopus
5. print out pictures from 2006-2007 and put them in an album
6. go to Kennywood-Well I went to Six Flags Over Atlanta since I moved away. I'm saying this one is done.
7. sew an apron-Check!
8. paint my white metal plant holder
9. write one snail mail a week (and mail it!)
10. read all of the books on my bookshelf that i have never read
11. bike to work-Check!
12. find a table for my sewing machine-Well coincidentally I moved to Florida and ended up with two dining room tables and thus obtained an extra table for the spare room. So I guess yes I did accmplish this one.
13. kayak the river
14. print music for my favorite worship songs
15. go camping-Check! It was the world's scariest campground in Mississippi.
16. make/send more birthday gifts/cards
17. blog more frequently than once a month
18. scout yard sales for an old lady's thread collection/craft supplies-I've purchased quite a few craft supplies lately. I found some awesome fabric at crazy cheap prices.
19. learn to make fondant to frost cakes
20. make our front porch awesome for the summer-I wish I had evidence. I did accomplish this last summer in Pittsburgh though.
21. snowshoe!-1-3-09 @ Allegheny State Park with the fam.
22. learn how to use the manuel settings on my digital camera
23. buy vintage Tupperware on e-bay-I ended up buying new Tupperware off of e-bay after deciding that funky smelling 80's Tupperware might not be the way to go.
24. finish Nathan's scarf
25. make a group album for Amanda, Alexis, Ali, and I to post our NH pics
26. find a home for my old computer monitor and tv-If you can call Goodwill a good home then yes I did do so.
27. start a spare change savings account

Well, I only accomplished 11 items on this list. I think one of the items on next year's list should be to complete this one. I'm going to go work on a few of these things and see if I can get a few more done before my birthday.

No comments: