Living in Florida is pretty great most of the time. I live so ridiculously close to the beach that sometimes I don't believe it. It's so nice here all the time. There are things I miss though. I miss the city. I miss the Carnegie Library system. Gosh I miss it. Every single time I search for a book in our county library system they never ever have it. It's disheartening. I went to the library a few times when we first moved into town because I could use their internet. I don't think I've ever checked a book out from there though. I looked around and none of the titles I wanted were in the card catalogue. Sigh.
The second thing that I miss is being able to wear sweaters and crazy socks and tights. I think I was meant to live where it is cool. I love putting together funky clothes combinations. My striped tights and knee socks are so sad now with no excuse to wear them. My cardigans never see the light of day anymore either. I've taken to wearing headscarves lately for some added color. It's hard to be unique when all you want to wear is shorts and a tank top and it's too blasted hot for anything else.
I also miss green grass and rolling hills. This place is so flat it's crazy! Somewhere within an hour or two of our house is Florida's highest point and it's only a few feet above sea level. We traveled to Kentucky a few weeks ago and it was gorgeous. Oooo if I'm tricky I'll be able to get some pictures posted of it. Let's see if I can either steal them from Jared's flickr account or post them from his computer.......

..........tada! This field is where we camped in Kentucky. They actually said "Go put your tents wherever you want". It was so awesome. This was taken when we first woke up that morning.
Speaking of Kentucky, please also enjoy this picture which was taken after 8 hours in the car. We all stopped at Steak'n Shake on the way home. Note the stylish hiking socks/boots/shorts combo going on there also. That's Jared, keepin' it classy.
The second thing that I miss is being able to wear sweaters and crazy socks and tights. I think I was meant to live where it is cool. I love putting together funky clothes combinations. My striped tights and knee socks are so sad now with no excuse to wear them. My cardigans never see the light of day anymore either. I've taken to wearing headscarves lately for some added color. It's hard to be unique when all you want to wear is shorts and a tank top and it's too blasted hot for anything else.
I also miss green grass and rolling hills. This place is so flat it's crazy! Somewhere within an hour or two of our house is Florida's highest point and it's only a few feet above sea level. We traveled to Kentucky a few weeks ago and it was gorgeous. Oooo if I'm tricky I'll be able to get some pictures posted of it. Let's see if I can either steal them from Jared's flickr account or post them from his computer.......


..........tada! This field is where we camped in Kentucky. They actually said "Go put your tents wherever you want". It was so awesome. This was taken when we first woke up that morning.
Speaking of Kentucky, please also enjoy this picture which was taken after 8 hours in the car. We all stopped at Steak'n Shake on the way home. Note the stylish hiking socks/boots/shorts combo going on there also. That's Jared, keepin' it classy.
No comments:
Post a Comment