Friday, October 02, 2009

I'm so inspired by craft blogs. Lately though I feel like I spend more time reading about making cool things than actually making things. I've been toying with the idea of getting the blog up and running again for awhile. I think I'll try it again. Here's what I've been up to:

I hauled out the fall decorations. It's finally getting a little bit cooler here and I am very happy about that.


I've been driving the cat crazy by singing him songs from the 80's and 90's such as "T wears his sunglasses at night....". Here's an example of why my cat annoys me: here he is next to his favorite toy in the entire world. Do you know what it is? A square of cardboard that came from the packaging around a mirror we bought at Ikea in March. It's just the right size to act as a cat gate in our bedroom door. It sits in the hallway leaning against the wall when it's not in use. Mr. T. sleeps near it and thinks it's the greatest thing ever when Jared or I drag the cardboard slowly across the carpet, which makes a soft hissing sound. The cat waits for us to play the cardboard game with him and eagerly sinks his claws and teeth into the cardboard. Do you think that he has even once attacked the cardboard scratch pad that I paid money for? Nope. He will go and claw the throw rug by the sliding glass window to death and completely ignore the scratch pad.

I had a great time piecing this quilt together. It was the first one I've ever made. I got all enthusiastic and decided I was going to be a quilter. I got a book about quilting for my birthday. I bought a walking foot and a darning foot for my sewing machine. I read quilting blogs all the time. Then I sat down to quilt this thing and I've had the worst time of it. My machine should be out of the shop today and hopefully I can get a grip on quilting. Check out the bottom left corner. I didn't take the time to mark where I wanted to sew and I came out with some really wonky lines. I'm currently ripping them all out. Again.


These triangles will eventually become a blanket. I cleaned out my yarn barn a few months ago and put all the small scraps in a box. I'm now using up those scraps to make this blanket. I'm afraid I'm going to end up liking it so much that I can't part with it. I was planning to put it in the shop.


Pile of finished triangles. How satisfying.


Look! My first attempt to applique! I loove these acorns. Yes I realize that the edges are kind of wrinkly, I'm chalking that up to inexperience and my constant battles with my sewing machine. I don't mind the wrinkles too much. This will take up residence on my couch for the fall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's Great too Fast updated.
http://gossapi.blogspot.com/