sounds crazy right? well so far so good. i made the cookie dough and then sampled some of the dough and shockingly it does not taste like beans at all. i'm baking some right now and i'll let you know how they taste. maybe i'll even take a picture of one and post it for you.
also, on an unrelated note, my mouse is dying. i have a back up mouse, but that one doesn't have 4 buttons AND a scroll-y thing. i keep making this one cooperate, but it's getting to the point where it only works 60% of the time.
update: you would never guess they were made of beans! it's crazy. things i would change though:
don't blend the oats...keep them more like oatmeal cookies (not sure what happens to the consistency....maybe there is a reason they chopped up the oats)
i tend to like a chewy cookies as opposed to a cake-y cookie. these were definitely more cake-y. but if my time with alton brown has served me well, (and when hasn't time with alton served anyone well?) i can remedy this by altering cookie recipes to my preference for chewy cookies.
side note: and now i know why they are diet cookies. man, beans fill you up fast! not going to lie, i had 3 cookies and i am FULL now.
additional side note: i'm going to take some cookies to work for my 3 managers who are NOT healthy eaters. after they tell me the cookies are amazing i'll tell them they're full of beans! mwhahaha. alright, enough friday night fun. let's go make a church bulletin! yipee!
7 comments:
amazing. will you please send me some?
e-mail me your address. ask dave. i'm not joking. i really will mail you some cookies. speaking of which i think i owe dave some cookies.
Okay so at very first I thought you were talking about a pet mouse. Yeah, I was pretty surprised to find out you had one. Then I got to the part about buttons and for a split second (knowing you) I pictured your mouse w/a little tiny sweater - buttons and all. That's so something you'd make for your (hypothetical) pet mouse. And I won't even tell you what I thought his "little scroll-ly thing" referred to. You can just imagine my incredulousness at finding out you had a backup for the poor furry guy. Is that like the backup prom date? Just in case one falls through? I felt a slight betrayal on behalf of the (yet again hypothetical) nibbling mammal. I'm not calling you cold-hearted. I mean, I won't call PETA on you or anything,I'm just sayin'.
You know the more I think about it, the more I think you've got to be in multiple violations of the Small Rodent Labor Laws. "Keep trying to make this one cooperate"? "Only works 60% of the time"? What kind of ingrate are you? You should be grateful you've got the downy little guy doing your dirty work for you at all, eh?
oh lynn, i miss you. that made my night. it's midnight, i've not been home since 8:30am, i'm exhausted, and i think that is hysterical. i'm sitting here laughing all by myself.
Recipe please.
hi melissa. tell josh he has to share the bean cookies with me because i'm really excited about them. also, those are not bettas actually. they are "fancy guppies" which is just a fancy way of saying they are guppies. they're dead now anyway. they were not eaten, but apparantly the current of the water filter was too much for them to handle.
Post a Comment