Wednesday, June 06, 2007

identity theft.

It is shockingly easy to order a copy of your birth certificate online. It's almost creepy. Of course, one would have to know quite a bit of personal information about someone in order to do so, but still, a little creepy. I ordered mine today. For some reason the state of New York is crazy and hands out "birth registrations" and "birth certificates", which is all well and good when obtaining a driver's license IN the state of NY. Leave the state however and everyone else goes birth registration? What's that? You need a birth certificate.

I have recently come to the realization that my geography skills are poor at best when it comes to the New England states. I was talking to a friend on the phone about hiking in New Hampshire this summer, and she asked me if I'd prefer to help plan where we go or if I'd like her to do the planning. I realized that I had never been to New England or New Hampshire and wasn't exactly sure where any of the states in that area are located. She laughed and said that she would do the planning. I guess I need to invest in a map of the U.S. as wall art of something.

No comments: