Friday, January 26, 2007

is this pay back for breaking into the upstairs apartment to stop the flood?

Dear Bike Thief,

I'm sorry that your compulsions to steal were so strong that you were unable to stop yourself from stealing my bike. It's quite understandable that you would want it, considering it's awesome purple/pink/turquoise color scheme and it's mid 90's charm. It's been sitting on my porch for months mocking you with it's awesomeness. I do however hope that you froze your butt off while you rode away on the night of January 24 in the freezing cold, snowy, and icy conditions. I can't believe that you took the time to plan this out and bring along bolt cutters. My condolences if your bolt cutters caused you any injuries if said bike on said icy night caused you to crash. I don't even have a car, and now thanks to you and your ways, I don't even have a bike.

Regretfully and mournfully yours,
Melissa


and for those that are interested i finally sent out those resumes i promised i'd send last week. AND lex talked to some ppl at work yesterday and found another possibility for me. oh and i might start babysitting for a family from my church two days a week. hopefully things are looking up b/c february is looking to be pretty bleak in terms of finances.

do my ears decieve me??? could it be the sound of a SNOWPLOW on my street? wonders never cease.....

4 comments:

Clara said...

:( Boo on the bike issue. I have a bike that I don't imagine I will be riding until this bambino is in their toddlerhood, if even then (their sibling may be on the way). Could you live without a bike until April (the bambino shower) and maybe I could loan it to you then?

melissa said...

honestly i could probably live without a bike altogether. i did use it to ride to the church/library/bible study but i didn't ride it all that much. however, if you're willing to loan a bike which may or may not meet the fate of my old one, then that would be awesome. well on second thought i guess i'd be forced to park it in my bedroom or something instead of the porch.

Anonymous said...

this is the bike theif...i needed it for parts. i too have a stylish mid nineties model and you can no longer get the rear spokes, even on ebay. if you want the bike back minus the rear wheel, let me know.

melissa said...

yes, i'd love my bike back weirdo.


it's highly amusing when ppl post anonymously and it's also sort of not quite as much fun if i knew who was making these witty remarks.