Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It was a great day

Tonight I made Chicken Burrito Bake which is pretty much my favorite food in the whole world. Jomei and Chengjou came over to join the roommates and I for dinner. I was calling it thanksgiving dinner, which then evolved to Mexican Thanksgiving with the Chinese Friends. We're so multi-cultural, never mind that it was not real mexican food but in fact tex-mex. Chengjou and I had a big discussion/planning session about the hat he thinks I should make him. He picked out yarn and we merged several patterns together to get one he likes. We'll see how this turns out. I plan on consulting my mom over thanskgiving in the hopes that she can help me figure this hat out.

Then at 9:30 it was off to 18 & up ice skating, which thankfully did not turn into "ho's on ice" as Alexis and I feared it might. I have not skated in a loooong time. I'm pretty sure the last time I went was February 2003. I took lessons for several years as a kid and I've even got the Level 6 skating patch to prove it (along with patches 1-5). So when people ask I always tell them I can skate. I am a pretty good skater. I can skate backwards and spin and at one time I used to be able to do a waltz jump. Ha! I got on the ice tonight and was quite shaky. I did manage a pretty good spin. I wish I could still do a one-footed spin though. It will come back with time and practice I'm sure. But holy cow was I glad I wasn't with my one friend who I've been talking up my skating skills to for a year. Ahahaha. He would have laughed himself silly over me bumbling around on the ice. Hopefully there will be more trips to the rink this winter. I wish I owned skates so that I could save on the rental fees.

P.S. Lynn I dedicate this entry and all of it's capital letters to you.

2 comments:

sp said...

from a distance, the world looks blue and green

and the snow capped mountains white

melissa said...

strangely enough i knew a girl who took lessons at the same rink that i did who used that song for one of her routines.

p.s. and to think all this time i've been wondering who sp was.