Friday, October 10, 2008

fun times at pharmacy fabuloso!

so this lady calls me up and tells me her name, reads me her RX number, and asks me if she can have a refill. i put her on hold, punch the number into the computer, bring up the profile, and say "huh? that's not her name....". so i go back to the phone, ask her to read me the number again, and verify that it IS the number she gave me. i say to her "ma'am does the bottle say YOUR name on it?". she looks at it for a moment and says "no it doesn't". so i ask her "are you reading someone ELSE's bottle to me and asking for a refill???" and she answers "yes, i want some of these calcium pills. i have my own prescription.". !!! "ma'am, just so you are aware, each person has their own prescription number. so even if you call me in HER calcium bottle and it's the same kind of medicine you receive, the number is not the same as YOUR number. i'll have to go look in your profile to see if YOUR calcium has refills." lady on phone: "oh, i didn't know that".


sigh. no ma'am i give 1000 people calcium and they all have the same number on it. i can't possibly see how this wouldn't lead to complete and utter confusion.............

1 comment:

Miss Book said...

What, no wedding updates??? I realized this morning that I hadn't read your blog in ages and thought I was going to come here and read tales of wedding drama (not that I don't know them all already...). I am sad :(