The fact that when I type my own blog address into the whatever you call it and it is no longer saved as a favorite should probably indicate that I have not been blogging enough. SO:
Conversations overheard @ the pharmacy:
First stop: Mac n' cheese
Old Lady #1 Look they've got mac n' cheese for a dollar!
Old Lady #2 I don't want any mac n' cheese!
#1 Well sorry, I just wanted to show you.
#2 If you like it that much buy some yourself!
#1 I already did!
And on to bladder protection pads
#1 They've got the bladder protection pads. Didn't you need some?
#2 Yea I did. What kind are they?
#1 The regular ones. You know for the bladder.
#2 How do you know they are for the bladder?
#1 Where the hell else you gonna put them?
And now a trip to the first aid section
#1 Look, anti-itch cream.
#2 Mmm-hmm.
#1 Ain't you got the itch?
#2 Yea, I got the itch all right. Mmm-hmm.
#1 You better pick up some of that.
#2 You got that right.
We conclude with the checkout
#1 Punch my card.
Me I'm sorry the punches are only if you buy a prescription, not for the $ store
#2 She said no!
#1 I heard her! Now punch my card miss!
Me I'm sorry ma'am I can only punch the card if you pick up a prescription medicine, not if you buy $ store products
#2 I told you
#1 Go sit down! You're getting on my damn nerves!
#2 Sits down
#1 So what you're telling me is I get no punches today?
Sigh.
I love old people, really I do. Someone stop me before I get that crazy. Please. Just keep me in my house and bring me my cheap macaroni and cheese and my bladder protection pads so that I can leave the cashier at the pharmacy in peace.
2 comments:
if i ever reach the age where i unreasonably demand that my card be punched, or proclaiming publicly that i've "got the itch," i think i'd need to stay at home as well.
you should submit these to Overheard in Pittsburgh!
Post a Comment