
Pictures are up on flickr from this weekend. I always forget that if I upload them in order they end up backwards on flickr. Sorry just deal with it. In reverse order chronologically: photos from melie's shower on saturday, sunset and ice cream photos from thursday night, apartment hunting photos with keith and melie from thursday, and pictures from mt. washington on wednesday.
The weekend was fun. It was really good to be able spend more than a day and a half with my family for once. I was with my parents from Wednesday-Monday. Mom still says that the time was too short. What can you do? I have to work you know Mom. Speaking of which my new boss is confusing me already. I thought he wanted me to come in today to do paperwork and agree on a starting date. He thought I was coming in for a six hour shift. Um, sorry buddy? I did tell him I needed two weeks to finish at my old jobs. Not sure where the miscommunication occurred. Oh well. I hope everything works out ok.
I played lots of Settlers of Catan and Settlers of the Stoneage numerous times this weekend. My family is just a bit obsessed. Dad really played well. He beat us twice at Settlers. I might add that he won JUST as I was about to do so on my next turn both times. Grrr. Hehe. I still beat them at StoneAge though. I saw Harry Potter on friday night with Keith and Melie. I also got to see my first shooting star ever on the way home! I don't know how I managed to go 26 years without ever having seen one but I did. It was pretty awesome. I got to see my brother and sister in law also. We stopped at their house Sunday on the way back to Pittsburgh to see their new horse. The shower went really well. The weather was awesome. It didn't rain until two hours after we had everything cleaned up.
I went to see Transformers last night. I had little expectations for the movie. Perhaps that is why I loved it so much. If I walk in expecting greatness I'm usually let down. I didn't expect to like this movie but I LOVED IT. I would totally go see it again and probably buy it. I also like knowing that I knew what transformers were the first time around. I really enjoyed that the little girl by the pool was holding a My Little Pony, the Hasbro girl equivalent to the Transformer. I had to pee so bad during the movie but didn't want to leave. I ended up practically running to the bathroom during the middle of the movie. I ran through a make out couple on the back stairs of the theatre. That was a little awkward. Not all of their articles of clothing were in place when I ran by the first time, thankfully they were gone when I came back. I have to tell you that I was so eager to get back to the movie that I considered not even washing my hands. Public shame made me wash them. And then I considered not drying them off to save time but realized that I was going to have get my ticket stub out to get back into the show. I was running down the hall drying my hands on my shirt, that's how much I liked this movie. I've seen in the past week and a half: License to Wed (don't see it, you'll want your money back), The Order of the Phoenix, and Transformers. I'm thinking my budget cannot sustain any more trips to the movies this month.
1 comment:
This is an amazing post! So much news! So much fun!
Post a Comment