These ones were taken by the 7 year old:
he was much more interested in taking this random picture of lettuce than the gorillas.
haha. i would totally have taken a picture of a crab toy at the bottom of the tank. such wit.
We also took a walk to the post office today. It's only a few blocks away but they were whining like i was marching them on a 3 mile hike. They kept asking are we there yet? until I did some planned ignoring and finally asking them to stop. They did stop but the 11 year old said dramatically "The 4 brave explorers march into the scorching heat, their bodies aching with exhaustion..." I put my hand dramatically on my forehead and made pitiful remarks, only to turn to him and see that he was doing the same. Haha. So I told them something to the effect of "unsure if they would make, the brave explorers watched in amazement as through the haze the post office became suddenly visible and saved them from certain death". At first he didn't play along he was just like "yea whatever all i see are houses there's no post office". So then I kept going in charecter and said "But wait! Up ahead what's that?". Right on cue they both were like "could it be? the post office! we're saved!!!!!". ahahaha. they cooled down in the air conditioning and amused themselves with sending my letters down the mail shute.
On the way home the seven year old asked "do you have an gatorade at your house?"
I told him no and he replied "Oh man! I'm losing electrons!"
2 comments:
electrons, yes!!
Jess asked me once what I was doing the morning after one night that we went out for fancy drinks: "Nothin', I'm just catchin' up on my electrolytes."
Those kids sound great!
it's a mandrill. when the commodore amiga came out in 1984, the picture that made the magazine covers was a picture of a mandrill... in 4096 COLORS!!! which was a lot more than 16 (previous commodores and ataris) or 1 (the mac, also out in 1984).
:)
Post a Comment