Monday, July 16, 2007

New Job!

I'm back! I went home to WNY to visit the fam for a few days, in case you weren't aware. I had a great time. My parents just left Pittsburgh a few minutes ago to drive home. They brought me back last night. I've got the kiddos again today. The older two are watching an Arthur DVD while the baby sleeps. So for now I've got some time to post an update. We will see how long this lasts. (Just checked: baby still sleeping, older kids mesmerized by tv).

And now the most exciting news: I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will now be working (almost) full-time at the pharmacy! I had my interview last Wednesday and my new boss called me back on Thursday to offer me the job. I need to go out and buy a white lab coat. OoooOOooo, official. They can guarantee 32 hours a week and will frequently add more. Officially
though the hours are Monday 10-6 and Tuesday-Friday 10-4. I get better pay AND health care benefits. Dental insurance! I get dental too! I have not been to the dentist since.....May 2003 I think. Eeep. I've never had a cavity so I am assuming that I haven't acquired one over the past 4 years. Geeze. My poor neglected teeth. I will finish out my two weeks at the store and then two more days watching the kiddos. I think I will end up staying at the church because the hours are really flexible and I will also stay at the store for whenever they need to call in extra help, which usually isn't more than once a month. I'm so so excited about this job. I came back from Atlanta knowing that I had to make some changes. I've been praying and pleading with God to pleeeeease let me have this job (unless of course you've got another plan). My roommates got me a chocolate mousse cake in celebration. Haha and a card that says "goody" and then a picture of gumdrops underneath. Alright, let me go upload some pictures and then I'll post some more.

1 comment:

Josh Peters said...

CONGRATULATIONS WHITE LAB COAT MELISSA!!!!!!!!!
i love dental insurance with all my tooth enamel.