Monday, April 23, 2007

Birthday Celebration!

I started my day by talking to Frances Joy on the phone. I have no idea why my face is scrunched up like that. The sun maybe? I kicked myself out of the house on Saturday morning so that I wouldn't ruin any suprises. Lisa and Alexis planned a birthday adventure for me and managed to keep most of it a secret. : )















When I got home our friends Sarah, Emily, and Amanda were there. We packed up the car:

















And drove here:
































We hiked a 2 mile loop trail along the river.

















Sarah, Lisa, and I


















Emily climbed out on a big rock in the middle of the river.

















The girls also packed a picnic! After our hike we sat in the sun and had dinner. We drove back home and MORE friends showed up. : ) Emily, David, Mae, Wesley, Mollie, and Nathan came over for birthday cake!


Mae made me some beautiful artwork for my birthday. Here is a fantastic picture of our reactions. Wesley is clearly impressed!

















Marble cake from scratch! (A minor cake explosion occured in the morning I took pictures but Lisa will hurt me if they show up on the internet).





































Mae helped me blow out the candles and Wesley helped us lick the frosting off them.

































Amanda decided that my birthday was a noble cause worthy of consuming her sangria. I didn't drink much but I took a picture because it was pretty. We sat out on the porch and talked until it was dark and then moved the party inside.





































It was a fabulous birthday celebration! Thanks to my lovely roommates! :)


Happy Me.

















The End.

7 comments:

dk said...

where's the tattoo?

Clara said...

Looks like a truly fun day! It was so beautiful this weekend.

melissa said...

oh yea........the tattoo.
it's funny how paying the rent always puts itself before the tattoo.
someday.

sp said...

sorry that i missed out on the celebration. looks like a blast!

...i was stuck at work, children sitting (quite literally sitting on the children) :( so happy to have a new job to be able to join these fun events.

Unknown said...

Marrrbuhl loaf.

Nathan said...

Okay, clearly you don't value my coming to your party at night and providing endless fascination with things like pufferfish poison and a ton and a half of poop. I am sorry I missed the sangria, though, that looked so delicious.

melissa said...

i guess i figured people didn't need to know about the pufferfish poison. shhhhh. and i sooo did say that you were at the party too! it's sad that we had stopped taking pictures by the time you got there, you were not included in the photo essay.