Thursday, December 07, 2006

first snow
















Of course on the first day we get any snow I end up walking all over tarnation. First to bible study in the morning and then 2.5 miles to the yarn shop where I had my interview today. On the way to my interivew I saw evil roommate #2's car and I stopped to graffiti it for her.

















Then I stopped to take a picture of this awesome berry bush in the snow.

















Ok, so this isn't in chronological order at all but here's some pictures I took when I got home from bible study, illustrating the pathetic amount of snow we had here today (I was excited though, I like snow). I should have taken some pictures of the cars trying to drive up and down the hill that was a complete sheet of ice. I hate this city when it comes to road maintainence. I rant about this pretty frequently but it's so stinking frustrating to me. SALT/SAND at the beginning of a "storm" and just see how much mess is avoided. But nooooo, they wait until it's become a virtual ice rink for cars out there before they do anything about it. I ought to write PENNDOT a letter.


















The last two pics are not great but whatever.


The job interview was a lot of fun! I won't be getting a job out of the deal (so you can stop panicking that you didn't find a job yet either Joshua), but they did sell me some yarn at 15% off because she made me wait so long for the interview. I was there almost two hours. Basically they put the ad out that they were hiring and the next day they hired someone. She had me interview anyway because they want to keep some names on file for the future. As suspected, my knitting knowledge was not quite up to par. But she said I had a shot at the job anyway. She was very encouraging and seemed impressed by my somewhat random resume. I have the environmental degree, a ton of experience working with children, and an interest in knitting. This all seems random to me but she seemed to think I had a great background. We ended up talking grad school and she challenged me to "follow my star", whatever that might be. She was a little out there but nice all the same. I'll probably go back to the shop to take some classes and become more familliar with "rich people yarn". I was drooling over some yarn that was $15-30 per skein! I'm inspired to try knitting a sweater. First I need to finish two hats that have been ordered and a scarf. And then I need to get a start on some baby blankets. Five of my friends are having babies by next July. Craziness.

I had dinner with Jomei after my interview. It was delicious and as usual we talked each other's ears off the whole time. :)

No comments: